Cathedral Preparatory School and Seminary is a Roman Catholic, college preparatory educational community under the auspices of the Diocese of Brooklyn. As a high school, Cathedral forms the mind in ways of academic excellence through a personalized, superior education where growth in maturity and grace are encouraged and fostered. Through a program of individualized instruction and support, students are challenged to achieve academic greatness. As a seminary, Cathedral affirms the uniqueness and dignity of an individual vocation, specifically providing an environment for a young man to discern a vocation to the diocesan priesthood, while forming all students to become strong and dedicated leaders in the Church and the world by the development of heroic virtue and belief.
“For 100 years, Cathedral has stayed faithful to its mission: to form the mind in the ways of academic excellence and the heart and soul in the ways of heroic virtue and belief.” –Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio (Former Bishop of the Diocese of Brooklyn)
Forming Men for Greatness in the ways of…
STRONG CATHOLIC IDENTITY
- Our priority is forming men to know and love Jesus.
- Daily Mass and weekly Eucharistic Adoration are at the core of the school’s schedule.
- Our students are taught about all vocations, including priesthood and marriage – all are formed to be Christian leaders.
- Cathedral Prep is a small, all male high school offering a highly personalized, one-on-one education.
- A selective admission process yields approximately 40 – 50 new students per year.
- Our teachers create an intimate learning atmosphere in which they adapt to the various learning styles of students.
- At Cathedral Prep, exceptional students are challenged to meet their full potentials.
Greatness is expected from every student
- Course offerings include a full battery of Advanced Placement classes including World History, US History, and English Literature.
- Through a partnership with St. John’s University, students could graduate with up to 21 college credits.
- One third of students receive scholarships and tuition assistance.
EXTRACURRICULAR & INTERSCHOLASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
- Through physical activity and healthy competition, students grow stronger in mind and body while developing the qualities of leadership and sportsmanship.
Our interscholastic program includes Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Soccer, and Track and Field.
FRIENDSHIPS FOR LIFE
- One of Cathedral’s greatest strengths is a spirit of unrivaled fraternity and acceptance among the students.
- Every student belongs to a fraternity led by a faculty mentor who provides the foundation for student support, competition, and brotherhood.
- Cathedral Prep has a 100% graduation and college acceptance rate with students going on to enroll at West Point, Harvard, University of Pennsylvania, NYU, St. John’s University, and dozens of other top-notch universities.
- Every academic year, our small graduating classes consistently earn at least 1.5 million dollars in scholarship offers.
- Alumni have a strong presence at Cathedral; the entire administration and about one third of the faculty are graduates. We have a century of tradition that is being passed on from teacher to student!