2020-2021 Schedule TBD
Coach Erich Naumann currently works at I.S. 5 Walter Crowley Middle School in Elmhurst, Queens, as the physical education teacher. During his high school tenure, at Christ The King Regional High School, he was actively involved in the varsity basketball program. His level of play and work ethic led to him receiving a scholarship to Saint Joseph’s College of Maine, where he studied. Post-college, Erich stuck with the sport he loves and has been coaching for the past 15 years. He started as the J.V. women’s basketball coach at Queens High School of Teaching, currently coaches the boys varsity at IS 5, and he is the commissioner of the Girls’ Varsity Program at the NYC Middle School Basketball League. He looks to bring the same love, level of play, and work ethic, that was established in his high school years, to the Varsity boys at Cathedral Prep.
Contact: (718) 592-6800 Ext: 115
Assistant Coach: Michael Kondyra
2020-2021 Schedule TBD
|First Name||Last Name||Grade||Pos||Number|
Head Coach: Joe Crimi
Assistant Coach: Walter Stark
Contact: 718-592-6800 Ext. 115
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cathedral Prep Junior Varsity Basketball 20210-2021
The goals of the coaches are to have a successful season by:
- To have student athletes conduct themselves, properly representing Cathedral Prep at all times including during practices and games;
- To be competitive, in preparing all student athletes for situations they will face during the season both on and off the court and to improve as the season goes on;
- To hustle and work together as a team at all times;
- To have student athletes responsible for individual actions and commitment to the team;
- To have students athletes respect coaches, officials, teammates, opponents and themselves;
- To treat all student athletes as equals.
The philosophy of the Junior Varsity Basketball team is to focus on the development and growth of the student athlete as a complete person born in the image of God.
Student athletes are to embody the following traits:
- Commitment to take one’s God given talents to the highest level of performance;
- Respect for coaches, teammates, officials, opponents;
- Discipline to reach high standards and accomplish short and long term goals;
- Sportsmanship, representing Cathedral Prep to the greater community;
- Leadership among teammates on and off the court.
All of this is designed to guide and help the student athlete in the formation of men for greatness.