The end of a new season marks a new beginning for the Cathedral Prep basketball program. Conditioning and individual workout programs are about to begin which will spark a renaissance in work ethic for our student-athletes.
The Crusader basketball program wrapped up its season with a brotherhood and family night. The evening included an inter-squad match up, continued with a special thank you to the senior parents, and ended with a potluck meal. We would like to thank all of the parents that have dedicated their time to our program and to this night! Special congratulations to our seniors Benjamin Edwards, Connell Friel, Joel Edouard, Michael Bode, and Jose Velazquez.
2016-2017 Junior Varsity Basketball Team with assistant coach, Walter Stark (back row, far left), head coach, Joe Crimi (back row, fourth from left), and Cathedral Prep legend, Jim Dilg (back row, far right)
Head Coach: Joe Crimi
Assistant Coach: Walter Stark
Contact: 718-592-6800 Ext. 115/email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Cathedral Prep Junior Varsity Basketball 2017-2018
The goals of the coaches are to have a successful season by:
- To have student athletes conduct themselves, properly representing Cathedral Prep at all times including during practices and games;
- To be competitive, in preparing all student athletes for situations they will face during the season both on and off the court and to improve as the season goes on;
- To hustle and work together as a team at all times;
- To have student athletes responsible for individual actions and commitment to the team;
- To have students athletes respect coaches, officials, teammates, opponents and themselves;
- To treat all student athletes as equals.
The philosophy of the Junior Varsity Basketball team is to focus on the development and growth of the student athlete as a complete person born in the image of God.
Student athletes are to embody the following traits:
- Commitment to take one’s God given talents to the highest level of performance;
- Respect for coaches, teammates, officials, opponents;
- Discipline to reach high standards and accomplish short and long term goals;
- Sportsmanship, representing Cathedral Prep to the greater community;
- Leadership among teammates on and off the court.
All of this is designed to guide and help the student athlete in the formation of men for greatness.