2016 Program Dates:
From Tuesday, July 5, 2016 to Friday, July 29, 2016.
On July 5th, Cathedral Prep opened its door’s to welcome young men for the 49th Annual Father Troike Leadership Program. 87 young men participated in the program from 7th grade to Cathedral’s incoming freshmen.
In celebration of Father Troike’s 60th Anniversary of priesthood the theme was Cathedral. Every team was named after a Cathedral Prep fraternity and points were tallied by academic, athletic, and game room performances. Each week was designated for the cornerstones of our program:
Week One – Brotherhood Week – points were given to the men who exemplified the brotherhood aspect of Cathedral.
Week Two – Academic Week – points were given to the men who have taken their studies seriously.
Week Three – Life in Christ Week – points were given to the men who have taken the Seminary mission of our school seriously.
Week Four – Greatness Week – points were given to the men who have taken the overall mission of Cathedral and the Program seriously.
On Thursday July 28th, the fathers, grandfathers, and brothers of the students attended a Man Day. The day consisted Mass, activities, and ended with a BBQ. Finally, Friday, July 29th we closed our program, we look forward with excitement to the 50th year of this program.
Cathedral will be hosting the Father Troike Summer Leadership Program for the 49th consecutive year. Since its inception, this faith based leadership program has challenged the young men ,from our diocesan and public middle schools, to strive for greatness in the classroom and to be leaders among their peers. We will begin this summer’s program on Tuesday, July 5th and conclude on Friday July 29th.
Please note: Payment for the program is due on Friday, June 3rd.
The Squire Level (6th grader advancing into 7th grade)
- will be challenged to realize his leadership potential
- will be challenged to utilize his leadership qualities
- will review and reinforce such topics as grammar, vocabulary, writing (formal and informal) and other topics in preparation for 7th and 8th grade English
- will review and reinforce such topics as ratios, proportions, equations and other topics in preparation for 7th grade and 8th grade Mathematics
The Crusader Level (7th grader advancing into 8th grade)
- will be challenged to utilize his leadership qualities academically, socially, and athletically
- will sharpen his skills in areas of Math, English, and Ability, necessary for success on the TACHS Exam
- will receive an early experience of being a Cathedral Man for Greatness
Contact Matthew Dybus at (718)592-6800 ext 137 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please have your Principal fill out the following report – Troike Principal Report
Please look at the following Letter, Applicant Profile, and Medical Form: